Updates for Prom 2022

Updates for Prom 2022

Shatha Damra, Staff Writer

With Prom 2022 coming up fast, here is everything you need to know about attending prom.

Prom this year will be held at FirstEnergy Stadium in Cleveland on Saturday, May 14 and will last from 7:00pm until 11:00pm. It will be in the City Club Room of FirstEnergy Stadium. It is formal attire only. “My best advice is to make sure you are comfortable in your dress or suit or whatever you are wearing.  Nobody wants to be fidgeting with their outfit all night!!” said Jessica Harnist, the prom advisor and a science teacher at BBHHS. All out of district guests needed to have an affidavit filled out by Friday, May 6. 

The parking and entrance locations at FirstEnergy Stadium.

As for parking at the stadium, there is no on-site parking at the venue. There is free metered parking along the street in front of the FirstEnergy Stadium and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. However, students have access to the North Coast Harbor Lot 101 Erieside Ave. Cleveland, Ohio 44114.  Parking there costs $6 per car.

Dinner will be served at 7:30.

The dinner menu for Prom on Saturday, May 14.

A reminder that once you enter Prom, you are not permitted to leave. “Be sure to remember your QR code tickets and photo ID, both are needed to get in.” said Harnist. Once you leave, you may not re-enter.

And of course, there will be no smoking and no alcohol use, regardless of age. This includes any use of alcohol prior to prom. Security will be there as well and a portable alcohol sensor will be used on every student and every guest regardless of their age. Students or guests who refuse to test with the alcohol sensor might receive a suspension from school and they will not be admitted to the prom. Students who test positive with the alcohol sensor will also face a possible suspension and expulsion from school. Parents and the Police Dept. will be contacted.

After Prom will be held at Fun n’ Stuff. The entire facility is reserved and secured for the students and their guests. The tickets are $15 and will be sold at lunch, ending on Wednesday, May 5. It will last from 11:59pm to 3:30am. If you would like to leave before the end of After Prom, an early release form must be submitted for each person in the party that is leaving. It can be dropped off in the Guidance Department or emailed to [email protected]. Harnist said, “Don’t sweat the small stuff and remember to relax and enjoy the night with your friends, it’ll go by so fast!!”