The HyBreeze

The Student News Site of Brecksville-Broadview Heights High School

The HyBreeze

The HyBreeze

Life Long Friendships
Life Long Friendships
April 19, 2024

Artists Release New Albums in Spring

Some artists releasing new music.
Some artists releasing new music.

2024 is having a huge impact on the music industry. Artists left to right are releasing new music for audiences to enjoy, and the hype is huge. 

Fans cannot wait for the arrival of new music from their favorite artists, below are just some of the artists that are releasing their music to the public.

Ariana Grande – Eternal Sunshine (March 8)

“Eternal Sunshine” Album Cover

Just released, Ariana Grande comes out with Eternal Sunshine, Grande’s seventh studio album. 

In 2020, Grande released her album Positions on Oct. 30. To help fans know what Eternal Sunshine would expect, Grande released the song, “yes, and?” on Jan. 12, 2024, which then debuted the top song on Billboard Hot 100. 

The artist has done commendable work, while working on the album. On top of creating new music, Grande has also been starring in the new movie, “Wicked”.

Congratulations, Grande.

Justin Timberlake – Everything I Thought It Was (March 15)

“Everything I Thought It Was” Album Cover

Justin Timberlake is giving fans his sixth studio album entitled “Everything I Thought It Was”. 

Timberlake has been releasing music with the movie Trolls

and has been releasing singles to fans, however, this album was long awaited. His album, “Man of the Woods”, is the latest album released since 2018.

Fans cannot wait for another album from Timberlake, the wait is almost over TN Kids.

Beyoncé – Act II (March 29)

In 2022, Beyoncé released her iconic album entitled “Renaissance”. The artist revealed that Renaissance is a work of art, including releasing more albums. 

Philip Chermonte, junior, reflects on the iconic album and the artist’s capability as one of the best, “The Renaissance album for me was so fun and different from Beyonce. I think after being in the industry for so long and cementing herself as one of the best artists of all time, I love to see that Beyonce is simply having fun with her art and not following industry norms.”. 

Renaissance has won a couple of Grammys for songs such as Break My Soul, Cuff It, and Plastic Off The Sofa.  Act II should be an exciting work of art and fans should be expected to love this one just as much as Renaissance.

Taylor Swift – The Tortured Poets Department (April 19)

“The Tortured Poets Department” Album Cover

Taylor Swift, a worldwide sensation, has just announced her eleventh studio album during the 2024 Grammys. 

Swift has reached her peak at this time, with almost finishing her “Taylor Version” albums, restarting her biggest “Era’s Tour”, and dating football player Travis Kelce. Swift’s fans were quick to rush to social media after the announcement of the album.

Amelie Russo talks about her excitement about the new album, “I am super excited about the release of the new album! I am hoping this album will be similar to some of my favorite albums from her like folklore and evermore.”

Fans are excited to see what Swift can present to The Tortured Poets Department, and they cannot wait to see how well this album’s success will do.

Sia – Reasonable Woman (May 3)

Sia has been known for iconic songs such as, “Chandelier”, “Elastic Heart”, “Unstoppable”, and more. Fans have gotten a lot of Christmas music from the artist, but now the singer has finally planned on releasing her album “Reasonable Woman”, her tenth studio album.

Sia has been releasing singles to fans, however, like Timberlake, fans are excited for more music. Sia’s latest iconic album “This Is Acting” was able to reach billboards and some songs were huge successes, can she do it again? Fans will have to wait and see.

Overall, fans are excited for more music in 2024, big artists and small. Whatever happens, all artists deserve a round of applause for their creativity and dedication to making their albums become the best they can be.