The HyBreeze

The Student News Site of Brecksville-Broadview Heights High School

The HyBreeze

The HyBreeze

Leave it All on The Track

BBHHS TrackXC
Bees Track and Field Senior’s

The race is on for the Brecksville-Broadview Heights High School track and field team as they enter conference week.

The Bees have had a great run this season, breaking not only school records, but also setting new records for the season throughout Ohio.

Everyone celebrated senior night on April 22, as runners in the class of 2024 have their final season of high school track and field. The track and field senior class had 34 athletes this year and the team is sad to see them go, but excited to see what their futures hold.

Bailey Miller (BBHHS TrackXC)

During the Berea Relays, held on April 26, the boys 4x400m relay team finished 1st place with a time of 3:19.26.

The team consisted of senior Owen Lumpkin, senior Paul Fleszar, sophomore Patrick Murphy and junior Jared Ryan. The boys set not only a new school record, but they hold the fastest time in the state of Ohio for the 2024 season!

During the same meet, the boys 4x100m relay team set a new school record of 42:34 and the boys 4x200m relay team set a new school record of 1:29.52.

During the Twinsburg meet on April 29, Bailey Miller, sophomore, tied the school record for pole vault with 11 feet.

On May 3, the Bees competed at the Solon Tom Iwan Invitational, where both teams placed third, and senior Justin Habig set a meet record with a 163 ‘7 foot throw in discus.

Justin Habig (BBHHS TrackXC)

The Bees have worked very hard this season as they make their way to the postseason, preparing for districts, regionals and hopefully championships.

To keep up with where the Bees are going, and how they’re doing you can go to http://www.beestrackandfield.blogspot.com