The HyBreeze

The Student News Site of Brecksville-Broadview Heights High School

The HyBreeze

The HyBreeze

May the Best Chicken, Win

Mascots of both Raising Canes & Chick-fil-A

What is all that squawking about?  It’s chicken, of course!  Everyone always asks, “Why did the chicken cross the road?”  BBHHS students have an answer as to why kids risk their lives crossing Route 82 in Macedonia to get to Raising Canes or Chick-fil-A, of course!

It’s been an uphill battle between Raising Cane’s and Chick-fil-A. Many argue that Chick-fil-A is a winner due to their fries, but others argue that Raising Canes wins because of their chicken! Most importantly, the two signature sauces are a constant argument.  

BBHHS students prefer Raising Cane’s Food & Sauce by 42.9%! 

Chick-fil-A tenders box w/ 2 Chick-fil-A sauce packets.

It is time to put this to rest and put these two to the test! There will be a comparison between fries, sauce, dessert, and chicken. The combos tested are Raising Cane’s “The 3 Finger Combo”, which consists of 3 chicken tenders, crinkle-cut fries, Cane’s signature sauce, and Texas toast. Chick-fil-A’s combo includes a 3-count chicken Strips (tenders), waffle potato fries (Large), chocolate chunk cookie, and Chick-fil-A sauce,

Taste Test

To test which chicken, fries, sauce, and dessert are the best, they will be compared by a taste test. The taste-tester is Gabriella Caputo, a Junior at Brecksville-Broadview Heights High School. Now, which franchise is the best?

Fries

First, it’s the fries! Starting with the Raising Cane’s Fries, Caputo stated that the texture was soggy and didn’t feel “cooked” enough, making the flimsy appearance. Tasting Cane’s fries tasted as though they weren’t cooked enough on the inside. Compared to Chick-fil-A, the fries were similar, claimed Caputo. The waffle fries were more crispy and stiff, but the taste begs to differ. While the crunch is there, the fries taste plain without sauce. It’s a draw between the fries!

Chicken Strips/Tenders:

The chicken is up next in the ring! First was the Raising Cane’s Chicken Tenders. Caputo stated that the breading felt soggy while crispy but a good proportion and thick. Tasting the tenders seemed more like dark meat, and while the meal was good, it didn’t taste like your regular fast-food chicken. Bland on seasoning stated Caputo! Chick-fil-A-’s strips feel the same, but with less breading. There’s more flavor to the strips than the tenders, but it feels like you cannot get it anywhere else, Caputo said. Looks like it’s another draw!

Signature Sauce

Raising Cane’s Napkin and Sauce

The moment we’ve all been waiting for, the sauce! The sauces were tested with their corresponding chicken. Chick-fil-A’s was up first. “Revolutionary!” Caputo shouted. She said the sauce can be eaten by itself, but paired with the chicken, it’s good! Tasting Cane’s was similar to the CFA sauce. Caputo stated, “Definitely a mayo-based sauce, but still good. Peppery and unique!” Chick-fil-A takes the win on this one!

Treats

The last item put to the test was their treats. Chick-fil-A’s first! Words such as “homemade” and “crunchy” were mentioned. The taste was chewy, but that’s because there were oats in their cookie, making for a crunch! Raising Cane’s Texas Toast beats Chick-fil-A’s cookie by a landslide, described as “Legendary” by Caputo. Caputo stated that it felt very soft and crispy! It was fantastic! Raising Cane’s takes the win on this one!

Conclusion

In conclusion as to which franchise is the best? Ding, ding, ding! It’s a draw between these two! Overall, Chick-fil-A and Raising Cane are great chicken-based franchises, and regardless of the taste test, everybody has their preferences! Make sure to try Chick-fil-A and Raising Canes in Macedonia! Decide which one is better!