The HyBreeze

The Student News Site of Brecksville-Broadview Heights High School

The HyBreeze

The HyBreeze

Fun Things to do in Fall

Fall is here! Meaning there are many new seasonal activities for people to enjoy and some old ones from past years too!  Just because the weather is changing, does not mean people have to stay home!

There are still plenty of things to do during the fall to have just as much fun as summer. Some things kids may consider:   Cedar Point Halloweekends, Bloodview Haunted House, Patterson Fruit Farm for hands-on apple picking, Szalays Fruit & Farm Market, and Starbucks for seasonal fall drinks.

Brinley McCreery, freshman, says her favorite thing to do in the fall with friends is visiting Cedar Point Halloweekends in Sandusky, OH. Halloweekends has many things to offer visitors of all ages.    There are the haunted mazes and multiple scare zones throughout the park with surprises waiting. 

Picture from news5cleveland.com

If the rides, the mazes, or scare zones aren’t your thing, they also offer live shows with electrifying performances and many talented performers. 

The entry ticket starts at $49.99 online, but they cost more if people buy them at the gate. The park is open Thursday 6p.m.-12a.m., Friday and Saturday 11a.m.-12a.m., and finally 11 a.m.- 8p.m. on Sundays.  

Another very popular option for students is visiting any kind of haunted house on the weekends. The most popular option is Bloodview Haunted House located at 1010 Towpath Road in Broadview Heights.  If Bloodview doesn’t seem appealing, there are multiple other haunted houses, in nearby towns to visit.

Picture from Yelp

Bloodview is open on Fridays and Saturdays from 8 p.m.-12 a.m. and open 8 p.m.-10 p.m. on Sundays. Bloodview has multiple actors working there to make the experience as scary as possible.  The layout of the house is spooktacular to walk through. They include such things as a creepy children’s room, pitch black maze gore house, the chapel gone wrong, the demented asylum, the blood-soaked slaughter room, and the hell house, which speaks for itself.

One of the more family friendly options that you can visit with your family is Szaly’s Farm & Market located at 4563 Riverview Road in Peninsula. This sweet corn paradise has a lot to offer such as a farmer’s market, with delicious corn on the cob, according to reviews, hot dogs, and soft serve ice cream. 

Their food stands aren’t the only thing they have to offer though, they also have a pumpkin patch, where you can pick out the perfect pumpkins to carve with your family before halloween. In addition, there is a spectacular corn maze that can keep you busy for an hour.  The market also has lots of fresh baked goods, amazing fruit, and vegetables to offer.   Bring cash, as they do not accept cards.  They are open 10:30 a.m.- 7 p.m. from Sept. 9 to Oct. 31.

Another family friendly place is Patterson’s Fruit Farm. Pattersons Farm has a lot to offer for the family, if you have any young kids in your family, then you can take them to the fun fest.   They have tons of things that children can play with, including a giant covered straw pile, slippery slides, spinning tire swings, a knee-deep corn box and so much more. The fun fest is open 7 days a week from 10 a.m.- 6 p.m, Monday through Thursday, and 10 a.m.-5 p.m, Friday through Sunday.   It runs until Oct 29 and tickets are $7 with 2 and under being free.

Patterson’s farm also has a lot to offer adults and older kids too. They offer apple picking from Mid August to October, so it’s limited. They also have a market where you can buy lots of apple and fall treats for the whole family to enjoy like apple cider, apple pie and lots more.

They also offer an online store, if people are unable to go in person, so everyone can still enjoy fall from the comfort of their home.  They are located 11414 Caves Road in Chesterland.

Now these are just some of the many places that people can visit this fall, but if staying at home watching the leaves change color seems more interesting, then there are still plenty of things you can do at home.

Making cinnamon rolls is a popular fall treat.  For the more adventurous, they can try making chestnut men and gingerbread houses, recommended by Mikkeline Obel Tomosen, Junior. 

Nathaniel Lindenmeyer, Junior, recommends getting apple cider this fall and  watching the leaves change color outside. Lindenmeyer is also planning on Trick-or-Treating this Halloween as well.

Grab a friend, and head off to Cedar Point, a farm, a haunted house, or stay home and curl up to watch a movie with a pumpkin roll and some apple cider.  Whatever you do, don’t let the leaves change colors and fall off the trees without you.