The HyBreeze

The Student News Site of Brecksville-Broadview Heights High School

The HyBreeze

The HyBreeze

The Sounds of Summer: A Guide to Concerts in Your Area

As the summer breeze is coming in and the sun’s rays are burning, concert venues come alive with multiple different artists coming to visit their fans in Ohio and other nearby states. Get ready to dance and sing to all these wonderful artists and bands coming to share their music with their fans.

Some of the industry’s favorites are even making their way to Cleveland and other nearby locations. Many are excited for upcoming concerts such as..

If this is someone’s first concert experience, or even if it isn’t their first time going to a concert, it’s important to be cautious and take safety measures. Definitely check the weather, stay hydrated, protect hearing, have a charged phone, know the venue’s rules, and make sure to have fun!  Also, make sure to stay with someone and don’t get lost.

Having company while attending a concert is also important, so in case anything goes wrong, there’s someone to turn to and stick by the entire concert to make sure nothing can happen to each other. 

Concerts can be a very fun and exciting experience, but it can quickly turn into the opposite. That’s why it’s important to do research before attending the event to make sure that everything goes as planned.

Venues often have food, drinks, and artists merchandise being sold.  Popular foods are usually hot dogs, hamburgers, pizza, nachos, popcorn, and pretzels, in which you can pair with drinks sold usually being soda, bottled water, and alcoholic beverages. Though these things are not promised, and depend on the venue where the concert is held.  Definitely plan to spend a lot of money in addition to paying for the ticket, if planning to purchase food or merchandise.

Buying merchandise is also part of the experience of being a concert-goer. If purchasing merchandise is part of the plan, then be ready to spend a lot of money because concert merch can cost from $20-100, and sometimes more depending on what kind of merch and artist.

Ticket purchasing is a very important part of concerts. It consists of finding a concert to go to, finding a website such as ticketmaster, live nation, AXS, or seatgeek, then creating an account on the website, finding the tickets, checking out, paying, and confirming.  Make sure to act quickly with popular artists as tickets will sell fast and be careful buying from third-party websites.

While taking on all these safety precautions, concerts can be the best, most fun events that someone could attend and it’s an amazing experience altogether. If there’s any plans to attend a concert this summer, enjoy it, and share the experience online or with friends, so other people can see how much fun it can be.