The HyBreeze

The Student News Site of Brecksville-Broadview Heights High School

The HyBreeze

The HyBreeze

Life Long Friendships
Life Long Friendships
April 19, 2024

Keeping Up With Bees Basketball!

Trying to keep up with the Bees basketball team is a formidable task! The Lady Bees are 11-6 and the boys are 13-1, only losing to Lakota East. In conference, the boys are 9-0, which means they are in first so far. 

Check out the next boys home game on Jan. 30 vs Buchtel, or take a quick ride to Nordonia on Feb. 2.  The guys have 9 regular season games left. 

The Lady Bees are now fourth in the conference. They will be in Amherst on Jan. 29  and Nordonia on Feb. 3. They only have 6 regular season games left, so bee sure to support them! 

In the previous games before the doubleheader on Friday, the boys took the victory over Solon 70-54. The girls won over Hudson 61-36.

So far this season, the Lady Bees have achieved some of their goals such as beating Wadsworth. They won 42-38 the last time they played them. Their goal for the rest of the season is to end with 13 or more wins and to win more games against top teams.

“ I feel like we have gotten a lot better at working together over the course of the season and played better defense. The program itself has also grown a lot all around,” says Adelyn Rahe. 

The boys are leading the conference with no losses, which is a great achievement for them. They have worked very hard this season to get these results and will hopefully continue to persevere with focus and dedication to their sport.

On Friday, There was a boys and girls basketball doubleheader against Twinsburg. The Bees took the win in both games, the girls won 54-38 and the boys won 52-43.

Both teams have some tough competition coming up. Hopefully, They will continue to play well to achieve more of their goals and keep up the winning. 

Bee sure to come support both of the teams as their regular seasons are coming to a close soon.