The HyBreeze

The Student News Site of Brecksville-Broadview Heights High School

The HyBreeze

The HyBreeze

Life Long Friendships
Life Long Friendships
April 19, 2024

Best Website – HyBreeze; 2024 Golden Globes

Award Season is Here!
Best Website - HyBreeze; 2024 Golden Globes

Red carpet, flashing lights, sparkling dresses, and dashing suits means it’s award season. Award season includes Golden Globes, Oscars, Critics Choice Awards, and Grammys.

The Golden Globes is the kick-off to the annual award season to celebrate actors, musicians, directors, and more. The Golden Globes celebrate movies and shows. With awards including Best Female and Male Actor, Best Picture, Best Original Song, Supporting Actor/Actress, and Cinematic Box Office Achievement.

Sydney Adamu and Jeremy Allen White

Some winners throughout the night included “Barbie”, for Cinematic Box Office Achievement; Emma Stone, Actress in a Musical or Comedy Motion Picture; “Oppenheimer”, Drama Motion Picture; “Poor Things”, Musical or Comedy Motion Picture; and so many others. The link to all of the winners and their categories can be found in Golden Globe Winners 

Not only is there an array of awards and inspiring speeches by talented people in Hollywood, but there is also the iconic red carpet.   Celebrities strut down a red carpet and paparazzi flash their cameras to capture their stunning dresses and suits. 

Margot Robbie and Brad Pitt.

BBHHS students weighed in on some of the best celebrity looks of the night. Nickolas Trybus, senior says, “I liked Jenna Ortega’s outfit; I like how simple yet elegant it was.”

Erika Banks, junior, loved Jennifer Lopez’s look. Mya Gregg,  senior, loved Ellen Pompeo’s dress and Olivia Roditis,  senior, loved Margot Robbie’s Barbie look. 

Host of the Golden Globes, Jo Koy.

This year, the Golden Globes’ host was Joy Koy, a comedian, who was told to write a monologue for the Golden Globes. The monologue was written ten days before the show and for some, the jokes seemingly fell short. According to “Vanity Fair”, the camera angles show straight faces from many celebrities and his jokes are more diminishing than funny. Annie, a Senior, opinions on the Barbie joke is that “His comments diminished the theme of the movie, further diminishing “girlhood” and what it means to be a woman. I hope he didn’t watch the movie and is speaking blindly, however, it is likely he watched it and genuinely didn’t draw any conclusions from it. its sad that the man with the microphone was uncomfortable seeing women in power.” Many were upset and felt that the “joke” was not necessary. 

So many new actors and actresses were recognized and of course classic celebrities like Emma Stone, Robert Downey Jr., Billie Eilish, and Cillian Murphy. 

If a person wins an Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, or Tony, they are considered an E.G.O.T., which is a very hard thing to accomplish, but the ultimate dream and highest honor for most. 

So find a night to curl up and watch the upcoming award shows to see some of favorite celebrities, their red-carpet looks, and speeches. They are always so interesting and perfect to watch with friends and family.  Make it a treat to watch all of the favorites get interviewed and talk with other Hollywood celebrities on the big screen. 

Take a look at what award shows BBH students are most excited to watch.